RATP Dev USA - Your future. Our destination.
Our dispatchers are critical to the operations of our business. They are the lifeline between the client and our bus operators. Your ability to assess and respond with an immediate solution helps to maintain on time service and delivery.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of transportation services for Mountain Mobility. At times, the Dispatcher will be required to perform the duties of a Paratransit Operator.
Essential Functions / Process Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Receives incoming calls related to the dispatch and control of vehicles and providing accurate and timely transmittal of information regarding schedules and services, including possible emergencies, accidents, and incidents.
- Uses a computerized routing and scheduling software program to monitor vehicles and trips.
- Employees are assigned a shift to receive calls and dispatch vehicles in accordance with established procedures.
- Assistance with overall office operations will be required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement
- Two years of driving experience preferred
- Working knowledge of geographical layout of Buncombe County as to the location of streets, important buildings, and other destinations
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Previous terminal operations, dispatch, or driving experience
- Good computer skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions with minimal supervision
- Employee must use considerable independent judgment and initiative, including responses in emergency situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 /hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Asheville, NC 28804: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
A message from the General Manager
The Mission of Mountain Mobility is to provide transportation services responsive to the needs of Buncombe County/Asheville City residents. We have a responsibility to provide safe and effective transportation services that our citizens can trust. Our values reflect this commitment to SERVE: S = Show pride in work E = Exhibit caring in all we do R = Respect others V = Value and practice honesty E = Exercise responsibility